Disclaimer:

(If you came searching for ALO's Barbeque, click the word. It's a good song, that's why I borrowed it's lyrics.)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No crap, pee & crap

Sorry everyone for the vulgarisms. Also, please use discretion in whom you show this to.

  1. No crap. I came home from food shopping. I love shopping! I hate unloading and putting things away, but I adore shopping! I talk to strangers, "Can you believe the raisin bran boxes are shrinking as the prices rise?" When I remarked how inexpensive the pears were, a woman asked me how to keep pears from turning brown in a fruit salad. My husband makes fruit salad swimming in orange juice and I passed on that tip. When I comment, some people answer me, some ignore me. But I have fun.I also feel virtuous when I shop at Gentile's, our local best deal in veggies. Healthful food and great prices to boot. I enjoy going. Next stop, Acme where I bought several frozen vegetables to fill in when the fresh ones fail, as well as some staples. When I got home, little Ted queried, "Did you buy any crap?" Nope, no crap. "Aww, mom!"

  2. Pee. The number one imagined issue when others think about transgender people is that something horrific will happen if "those people" use our bathrooms. News flash! They're doing it all the time. No reported incidents. Now that more and more children are being allowed to express their gender identity at younger ages, schools have had to learn to address these issues. Unfortunately bathrooms often become their number one concern. Is it to protect our transgender children? No, it's to protect their classmates from them. Or worse, for the school administrators to protect their butts from angry parents (rather than to, as a novel idea, do what's good and right.)

    What exactly people imagine my daughter will do to another girl in the bathroom is a mystery to me. She certainly isn't going to show them her genitals, that's the last thing she would do. Then again, what girls do expose their genitals during bathroom breaks? There are as many redheads as intersex people in the world's population (between 1 and 2%.) My point being, we rarely know what the genitals of people we are interacting with look like. Why should we?

    Why all this now? I got a phone call from Janet's cell. She'd peed in her pants on the way home, could I pick her up? You see, they make her use the nurse's bathroom, down the stairs and through several hallways, which are crowded as school gets out. There is a girl's bathroom close to every classroom where girls take breaks, and giggle and talk. But my daughter is too "dangerous" for these places. So sometimes she wets her pants on the way home. Thanks, world.

  3. Crap. I return from rescuing Janet only to be summoned upstairs by my hubby. He wants to show me his rejection letter. The underpaid, temporary, no benefit job that we were holding our breath for him to get? He didn't get it. Crap.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so sorry for your daughter. Growing up in South Texas in the 1960s I would hae died trying to change then. I am a FTM that went thru the change after my parents had passed away and it still hit my brother hard. He and his family are very loving and understanding after a long four years. God help all the young children of change in this new age. Just tell her it only gets better with time. Sincerly,
    Louis

    ReplyDelete