Disclaimer:

(If you came searching for ALO's Barbeque, click the word. It's a good song, that's why I borrowed it's lyrics.)

Friday, October 15, 2010

What I didn't know I did

Since my bunion surgery and my banishment to the couch I have come up with a myriad list of things I didn't know I did on a regular basis. I'm no clean freak, in fact I'm kind of messy. But still...
  1. Close the windows in the morning if the heat comes on.
  2. Open up curtains and shades to let sun in. 
  3. Shut the curtains at night so the neighbors can't see everything we're doing
  4. Check guinea pig cage for dry food and water. Feed her lettuce.
  5. Unload the dishwasher if the twins haven't done their chore and reload it so the dirty dishes don't pile up.
  6. Shut closet doors and push in dining room chairs and piano benches for "neat effect."
  7. Empty clothing from dryer directly on couch while still warm so it can be folded and doesn't wrinkle.
  8. Sort it, fold it, and if necessary put away laundry, or direct children to do so (glowering).
  9. Clean kitchen and bathroom sinks after use.
  10. Clean shower stall and bath.
  11. Spread out shower curtains so they dry and rehang bunched up wet towels.
  12. Hang up wet shower mats and replace with dry.
  13. Wipe down counter tops and table. 
  14. Remove bread from freezer when other loaf starts running out. Add bread to shopping list.
  15. Put away condiments in fridge door.
  16. Add anything that's running out to shopping list.
  17. Shop.
  18. Water plants.
  19. Fold throws on couches.
  20. Cook dinner.
  21. Let cats in and out 15 times a day.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect...LOL I need to laminate this and hang it next to my desk. All the things I will never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love coming downstairs to a beautiful morning with the sun shining in the windows. Now I have to hobble to each window and grope at the shades to open them. Why does nobody else care? They could walk around all day with beautiful weather and have the curtains shut.

    ReplyDelete